P/I converter is used where the pressure to current conversion is required.
In this article, we will learn the calibration procedure of the P/I converter.
Required Equipment :
2. pressure source
3. Power Supply
Here, we are converting pressure to current we have to apply pressure and we will connect the multimeter in series to measure mA.
Do the connection as shown in the below figure.
Follow the below steps for the successful calibration :
1. Dismantle P/I converter from the process.
2. Apply 20 psi signal to P/I converter, connect Pressure Gauge to know pressure applied pressure.
3. To check output pressure (3 to 15 PSI) connect Gauge.
4. Connect mA meter in series to measure mA.
5. Now first, set the pressure at 3 psi and check the corresponding 4mA, If an error exists then adjust zero screw.
6. Now set pressure at 15 psi and check 20 mA is coming or not, If not then adjust span screw.
7. If necessary repeat step no. 5 and 6.