Updated: May 10
In this article, we will discuss the calibration of the temperature switch. In the process industry, temperature switch plays a vital role in giving process condition to generating an alarm.
Required Equipment :
1. Temperature switch
3. Temperature bath
Do the connection as shown in the below figure.
Follow the below step for the successful calibration :
1. First, remove the temperature switch from the process.
2. Do the connection as shown in the figure. Keep multimeter in continuity mode to check contact changed beep.
3. Set the required trip point by using a knob on the temperature switch.
3. Put temperature switch in the bath or hot water if you have. Monitor tripping point which you have set.
4. For high temperature set the trip point below the specified trip point and slowly increase the temperature.
5. For low temperature set the trip point above the specified trip point and slowly decrease the temperature.
6. Adjust the adjustment screw to get desire trip point.
7. Repeat the above step till we can't get accuracy.
Such calibrations are easy to do and have a piece of knowledge on this little bit information can save your time and can change your time too.