Nowadays with SMART transmitter, Fieldbus type transmitter is used. There is a totally different approach in both.
Smart transmitter gives 4-20 mA output and in Fieldbus type its totally digital communication.
The definition is different between the calibration of SMART and Fieldbus type transmitter.
The word calibration means to compare the reading of the measuring instrument with accurate one, so you can trim and adjust to show correct reading again.
In Fieldbus terminology calibration means to configured or verified. Calibration of the Fieldbus type is easy. In the next article, I will cover calibration of the Fieldbus type transmitter.
Let discuss some other difference in between both type of transmitter :
- SMART TRANSMITTER :
1. One way analogue signal.
2. Pair of cable is used for each instrument.
3. Only one variable is used.
4. conversion from mA to digital for I/O the card.
5. 4-20 mA output.
- FIELDBUS TRANSMITTER :
1. Digital two-way signal.
2. Can easily transfer more data.
3. Can use more instrument in one bus cable.
4. Segment controller is used.
5. Only Digital communication.